A missing tooth or set of teeth can be too troublesome. Not only does it affect your perfect smile, but it can also make chewing food difficult. Dental implants bridge that gap and help fill in the space of the missing tooth in your oral cavity.
A dental implant mimics the appearance as well as the proper function of natural teeth. Beyond the realms of aesthetics, a dental implant also helps with chewing, speaking, and restores your confidence in smiling with your teeth out.
Table of Contents
- What are Dental Implants?
- Types of dental implants
- Techniques Used in Dental Implants
- Factors Affecting the Success Rate of Dental Implants
- Why You Must Choose Dental Implants for Missing Tooth?
- What is the Cost of Dental Implant in Delhi NCR?
What are Dental Implants?
Dental implants are artificial teeth that are surgically embedded into the bone to replace the missing tooth. This surgical procedure uses metal or screw-like posts that are fitted into the jawbone to provide a sturdy base for supporting the artificial teeth or crown.
Types of Dental Implants
There are three different types of dental implants. They include:
Endosteal (Endosseous) Implants
– these implants are placed directly on the jawbone and are shaped like small screws that are made with titanium for more durability. These are most commonly used implants and referred by the dentists to their patients.
– these implants are fitted under the gum and above or on the jawbone, unlike the previous one. This type of implant is predominantly suggested in patients with a lesser defined and weaker jawbone.
– these are the least used types of implants that are used for rectifying the atrophic edentulous (with no teeth) maxilla and maxillectomy defects.
How to choose the best dental implant for you?
When choosing the best type of dental implant for your missing tooth/teeth, there are a few factors that you and your endodontist need to consult about. They include:
- Amount of bone you have in the jaw bone for the implant.
- Your health condition before undergoing the procedure.
- Type of material your dentist deems best for your teeth.
- Kind of budget that you can spare.
Techniques Used in Dental Implants
The procedure for dental implants is not as straightforward as they seem. There are a few different techniques that the dentists will suggest to you depending on your condition. Some of the most popular techniques include:
– this procedure is done when the patient needs a replacement for a single missing tooth with a dental implant and crown. This replaces the lost tooth along with the root of the tooth instead of opting for the bridge approach.
– just like the name suggests, this one is predominantly done in patients that need multiple dental implants for their missing teeth. This includes implant-supported bridges to ensure a stronger replacement.
– this technique is done right after tooth extraction. Once the dentist extracts the tooth, they replace the missing tooth with a dental implant to reduce the number of surgical interventions and reduce the overall treatment time as well.
All-on-four or All-on-six implants
– this involves the replacement of all the teeth on the jawline with the support of either 4 or 6 implants. These implants improve the strength and support of the teeth while chewing and biting.
Factors Affecting the Success Rate of Dental Implants
Dental implant surgery is one of the most successful dental surgical procedures in India, offering up to a 95% success rate. If you are planning on undergoing this procedure, here are a few factors that affect the success rate.
– titanium and its alloys serve as the best material for dental implants and provide a healthier replacement for your natural teeth. Titanium is also preferred for higher success rate.
– the placement of the implants, be it inside the jawbone or above the jawbone plays a crucial role in the success rate. The Endosteal implants that fit the screws inside the jawbone have a higher success rate because of more stability compared to the other variants of placement.
– the durability of the dental implants is dependent on the kind of material and the placement of the implants. If the implant is not well-fitted and is loosely hanging around, it won’t sustain all the daily activities like chewing and biting.
– a successful dental implant depends on the aesthetic as well. If the implant doesn’t complement one’s look and smile, it is likely an unsuccessful implant that won’t satisfy the expectations of the patient.
At the Ministry of Smile, you are assured of the best treatment at affordable costs and under the guidance of a board-certified dentist.
Why You Must Choose Dental Implants for Missing Tooth?
If you have a missing tooth or you need to undergo a tooth extraction to get rid of a tooth that’s beyond repair, you should consider a dental implant to fill in the missing space. There are a number of justifications for this claim and here are a few you can consider.
- Unlike dentures and bridges, dental implants are permanent.
- The dental implant is embedded into the jaw, and the surrounding bones gradually integrate into the implant, providing a more natural and comfortable feeling.
- A missing tooth usually leads to loss of bone density and a dental implant can effectively reverse it.
- The dental implants restore the natural smile and shape of your face.
- The implants are a lot stronger and help you continue your daily routine of eating, chewing, and speaking with ease.
What is the Cost of Dental Implant in Delhi NCR?
Dental implants are a permanent procedure, and hence a lot more expensive than dentures and bridges. If you are planning on getting it done in the Delhi NCR area, the cost will vary between INR 35,000 to INR 50,000 . The cost for the implant depends on several factors that are given below .
- The type of implant you are getting
- Location of the implant clinic
- Imaging and testing charges along with dentist consultation
- Clinic charges you are getting the procedure in
- The material used for the implant
At the Ministry of Smile, you are guaranteed to get the best treatment at an affordable cost.
Dental implants are gaining popularity over dentures and bridges. If you are willing to spend a little more to get a permanent solution for your missing teeth, we’d suggest you opt for this procedure. It is practically painless and has a quicker recovery rate, ensuring that you don’t have to make changes to your routine life.