Beautiful smiles can often be distorted by gums that rest too high or low on the teeth. Even if patients take great care of their teeth, they can still suffer from gum tissue symmetry problems. As a result, it leaves them feeling self-conscious and reluctant to laugh or smile. Gummy Smile Laser Contouring Gurgaon is an effective way of getting rid of extra gum tissue for a more balanced appearance. It is also known as Gum Recontouring, Gum Lifting, or Gum Sculpting Treatment.
What Can Cause a Gummy Smile?
There are a number of reasons as to why you may have developed a gummy smile, such as:
- If there is an overgrowth of tissue, your smile may appear gummier because the tissue covers up too much of your teeth. Extra gum tissue can grow as a result of inflammation of because of genetics.
- Enlarged gums, also known as gingival hyperplasia.
- A hyperactive lip muscle can raise the lip up too far, which exposes the gums.
- If the upper jaw bulges out, as is the case with vertical maxillary excess, gums can appear more prominent.
What Happens During a Laser Gum Reshaping Treatment?
A laser gum reshaping treatment aims to contour and reshape the gums to make them look neater and smaller in proportion to the teeth. It’s a simple procedure that can usually be completed in one visit at our Dental Clinic in Gurgaon, India.
The dentist will use a laser to sculpt the gums, removing excess tissue as they go. The laser can seal the blood vessels automatically, which helps to reduce swelling and bleeding after.
The process is virtually pain-free, with most of the discomfort being felt after the treatment itself. You can take over-the-counter painkillers to help with this.
As part of your gummy smile treatment, we can also inject the lips to reposition them. This can relax the top lip, allowing it to drop and cover more of the gum tissue, making your smile appear more natural and less gummy.
As each case is individual, there are a number of techniques or combination of methods available to suit each patient, allowing you to get the most out of the treatment.
Consult an Expert
If you are interested in Gummy Smile treatment in Gurgaon please feel free to contact the Ministry of Smile dental clinic anytime. Call us or fill the online form now to get an online consultation with one of our expert dentists.
Gummy Smile Correction in Gurgaon
If you have a gummy smile, you might be unhappy with the way your smile looks. What is a gummy smile? How to fix a gummy smile? These might be some of the questions you are looking for answers to if you suffer from this situation.
A gummy smile (also known as excessive gingival display) is a smile that shows a lot of gum tissue in proportion to the teeth. In general, a more proportionate smile is as one where the upper lip is just above the upper teeth (between 0 to 2 mm above). This doesn’t mean any other smile is by default less attractive, but the eye can perceive it as less symmetrical or disproportionate. People who have gummy smiles might experience discomfort from them. However, it is a common problem for many people and it should not be a cause for shame or concern. If you do have a gummy smile and want to change the way your smile looks, there are several options. You can choose from several both surgical and non-surgical methods. Keep on reading to find out how to fix a gummy smile.
What causes a gummy smile?
There can be several reasons why you have a gummy smile. These can include a jaw development problem, abnormal tooth eruptions, improper bite, hyperactive upper lip, muscular issues, etc. You will need to identify the reason for your gummy smile in order to fix it. Because you will first need to fix the underlying issue. Here are some quick definitions of the reasons for having a gummy smile:
- Jaw development problems: While your jawbone was developing, it might have formed a protrusion in your upper jaw. This would cause a gummy look when you smile.
- Abnormal teeth eruption: The teeth might appear shorter if they erupt in your gums in an abnormal way. This means that the gum tissue covers a larger proportion of the teeth. This does not mean that your teeth are necessarily short, but they merely appear shorter because of the gum tissue that covers them.
- Hyperactive upper lip: Hyperactive upper lip defines the condition when your upper lips move higher than the normal amount. This will expose the gum tissue more when you smile compared to a normal lip.
- Excessive gum tissue: Excessive gum tissue covering the teeth is a very common cause of a gummy smile.
- Gingival hyperplasia: Gingival hyperplasia happens when the gums get inflamed because of bacteria, medication, or underlying systemic conditions such as leukemia, HIV or diabetes. Gingival hyperplasia is on set and the underlying issues should be addressed before you can treat the gummy smile.
How to choose a treatment to correct a gummy smile?
|Treatment||Surgical/Nonsurgical||Permanent/Temporary||Healing period||Underlying issue||Invasiveness|
|Orthodontic treatment (Braces, Invisalign etc.)||Nonsurgical||Permanent||5 days||Misalignment, Jaw development problems||Non-invasive|
|Veneers & Crowns||Nonsurgical||Permanent||2 weeks – few days||Small teeth||Minimally & moderatelyinvasive|
|Root planning & scaling||Nonsurgical||Temporary||Several days||Gum line below its proper place||Non-invasive|
|Botox||Nonsurgical||Temporary||2-3 days||Hyperactive upper lip||Non-invasive|
|Hyaluronic Acid Infiltration||Nonsurgical||Several days||Hyperactive upper lip||Non-invasive|
|Gingivectomy||Surgical||Permanent||1-2 weeks||Excess gum tissue||Minimal to moderately invasive|
|Crown lengthening surgery||Surgical||Permanent||3 months||Excess gum tissue, underdeveloped teeth||Minimal to moderately invasive|
|Laser gum contouring||Surgical||Permanent||7-10 days||Excess gum tissue||Minimally invasive|
|Lip repositioning surgery||Surgical||Permanent||2 weeks||Short/hyperactive lip, improper gum line||Moderately invasive|
|Maxillofacial surgery||Surgical||Permanent||6-12 weeks||Tall upper jaw||Relatively Invasive|
What causes a gummy smile?
You might need more than one type of treatment to fix your gummy smile. As we mentioned above, Some general dentists may be able to treat your condition, but not all do. Your dentist may refer you to a specialist, like a periodontist, orthodontist, oral surgeon, or a gummy smile national expert like myself, Dr.Prateek Gupta ( periodontal surgeon) at Ministry of Smile Gurgaon.
For the most accurate estimate of your specific condition, consult with an accredited, professional dentist that has experience in fixing gummy smiles.
Our Expert Team of Doctors
Our dedicated team of expert dentists work to attain a common objective and to accomplish the same motto which is to satisfy our client at the utmost level and provide them a healthy and smiling life always.
Dr. Manoti Sehgal Gupta
Dr. Prateek Gupta
Why Choose Us
We are the best dental clinic in Gurgaon offering quality treatments with care for our patients at very competitive pricing